1. "About a year ago my family and I had dinner here to celebrate my son's birthday. We went again this past week for his birthday, and all I can say is "wow!" There has never been a restaurant where I felt more welcome. The servers (yes, plural) that waited on us were awesome. Glasses always full, Finished plates moved away quickly. Everything was fantastic." -Scott, 1/25/2016
2. "Thank you for making us feel so welcome and appreciated on our 1st visit. Most of all for making the kids' visit memorable with special gifts!! We'll be back again soon."
3. "Absolutely delicious on soooo many levels to return to Shiki, slurp down some oysters in a half-shell, eat ridiculously fresh fish, and get my cup refilled before I was even done drinking (thank you!)"
4. "I've been coming here since I was 18 years old. I love the tranquil atmosphere. The Hibachi is simply delicious and also the dessert afterwards. The staff is very friendly and especially the Hibachi chef. One of my favorite Japanese restaurants."
5. "My boyfriend and I brought my daughter, her boyfriend, our friend Liz and her son Sean to dinner and had a Teppan table. Sean has been battling Stage 4 cancer since the beginning of the year, he just got out of Children's Hospital after back and forth for over 2 months, and this was his celebration dinner. When Chef Eric so kindly asked what we were celebrating, I didn't quite know what to say so I mentioned we were celebrating him coming home, and the Chef said “Oh, its a celebration, like a birthday. So that's what we will call it". I must first say, THANK YOU! Thank you for making Sean feel like a normal kid. Not only did the Chef make it special, the server was so kind to him and the gentleman Gerard brought him a cake and some gifts too! I just wanted to say thank you to every single staff member who made this so special, and I didn't even mention anything to anyone. It just came natural for all the staff to be so kind. It made us so happy that he could go to a place and Sean was able to feel like a normal 9-year-old kid. I cannot say thank you enough to everyone involved! You made our night, and Shiki is now our favorite restaurant. Not to mention everyone loved the food, it’s so good. Oh, and Sean got a kick of the sound in the restroom that teaches you to say words in Japanese :) Thanks again to all of Shiki for going above and beyond!" -Angela, 10/15/2015
6. "We went out for a company dinner and sat at one of their Hibachi tables. First off, the owner greeted us at the door and made sure we were taken care of while we waited for one of our other party members. Once seated the service was fast and excellent, our chef was very nice and very funny. Definitely made the experience unforgettable!"
7. "Long time fan of Shiki. Nabeyaki Udon makes a perfect lunch."
8. "Great place, its a hidden gem, off the 55 freeway off Katella. Great sushi and Teppan grill. Great service, friendly staff. Trust me Sushi is a fun surprise-- its a changing sushi changed everyday by the chefs. Fun to try. Highly recommended."
Press-Telegram Long Beach - Shiki Japanese Restaurant Celebrates 41 Years. VIEW ARTICLE
OC Mom Blog - Authentic Japanese Cuisine in Orange County. VIEW ARTICLE
OC Metro Business - Unplugged - Eat Shiki. VIEW ARTICLE
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA RESTAURANT WRITERS ASSOCIATION
2014 Four Star Award
2013 Longevity Distinction Award
2013 Four Star Award
2012 Four Star Award
2011 Four Star Awar